- Air Conditioning - Air Filtration
- Air Conditioning - Front
- Air Conditioning - Front - Single Zone
- Airbags - Front - Dual
- Airbags - Front - Side
- Airbags - Front - Side Curtain
- Airbags - Passenger - Occupant Sensing Deactivation
- Airbags - Rear - Side Curtain
- Child Safety Locks
- Child Seat Anchors
- Security Remote Anti-Theft Alarm System
- Steering Wheel Tilt And Telescopic
- 2-stage Unlocking
- Cruise Control
- Exterior Mirrors Heated
- Exterior Mirrors Heated Driver Mirror
- Exterior Mirrors Power
- One-Touch Windows: 1
- Seatbelts Rear Center Seatbelt: 3-Point
- Seatbelts Seatbelt Force Limiters: Front
- Seatbelts Seatbelt Pretensioners: Front
- Steering Wheel Mounted Controls Audio
- Steering Wheel Mounted Controls Cruise Controls
- Suspension Stabilizer Bar(s): Front
- Suspension Stabilizer Bar(s): Rear
- Adjustable Rear Headrests
- Audio - Antenna: Element
- Cargo Area Light
- Center Console Front Console With Storage
- Driver Seat Active Head Restraint
- Driver Seat Adjustable Lumbar Support: Manual
- Driver Seat Manual Adjustments: 6
- Emergency Interior Trunk Release
- Floor Mat Material Carpet
- Front 12V Power Outlet(s)
- Front Headrests Adjustable
- Front Suspension Classification: Independent
- Front Suspension Type: Macpherson Struts
- Number Of Front Headrests 2
- Number Of Rear Headrests 3
- Passenger Seat Manual Adjustments: 4
- Power Door Locks
- Power Steering Speed-Proportional
- Power Windows
- Reading Lights Front
- Rear Seats Bench
- Rear Seats Center Armrest: Folding With Storage
- Rear Seats Split Folding
- Seats Front Seat Type: Bucket
- Vanity Mirrors Dual Illuminating
- Warnings And Reminders Low Fuel Level
- Windows Front Wipers: Intermittent
- Windows Rear Defogger
The 2007 Kia Optima's base engine is a 2.4L four-cylinder engine with CVVT variable valve timing, making 161 horsepower. The optional 2.7L V6 also incorporates variable valve timing and produces 185 horsepower. The base LX model with the four-cylinder engine is available with a five-speed manual transmission or five-speed automatic transmission, while the EX four-cylinder model and both the LX and EX V6 is only available with the automatic.
The new five-speed automatic with either engine gets a Sportmatic system that allows manual shifting for sporty driving.
The four-cylinder with the manual transmission gets 24 mpg city, 24 highway, while the V6 gets better fuel economy than the V6 engines available in the Honda Accord or Toyota Camry, Kia says, at 22 city, 30 highway.
The Optima boasts responsive handling reflexes thanks to an independent multi-link rear suspension and anti-roll bars used front and rear.
The Optima offers more standard safety features than are typical in its class. Front seat-mounted side air bags and full-length curtain air bags are standard on all Optimas. Four-wheel disc brakes are standard on the Optima, but anti-lock braking, brake assist, and electronic stability control are optional in the Electronic Stability Package, available on EX and V6 models. Other standard safety features include front active headrests to help reduce whiplash injuries.
The 360-watt Infinity sound system offered on EX models includes a six-disc CD changer and MP3 compatibility, and also brings eight channels and nine speakers, including a rear subwoofer.
LX models include air conditioning, heated outside mirrors, an eight-way adjustable driver's seat, a CD sound system with six speakers, a 60/40-split folding rear seat, and power windows and locks.
Automatic transmission-equipped LX models add cruise control, keyless entry with alarm, tilt/telescopic steering wheel, and steering wheel-mounted audio controls. The LX V6 adds alloy wheels.
EX models step up to alloy wheels, along with automatic climate control, a power-adjustable driver's seat, fog lamps, an auto-dimming rearview mirror, a trip computer, the upgraded Infinity sound system, and various other trim and appearance enhancements.
An LX Appearance Package includes 17-inch alloy wheels, a blacked-grille and trim, fog lights, a supplemental gauge cluster, a leather-wrapped steering wheel and shift knob, aluminum interior trim, and silver-accent door handles. The EX Appearance Package adds most of the above, plus black leather seat trim.
Kia's mid-size Optima was completely new this past year, as a 2006.5 model, and there are no significant changes for the 2007 model year. The new Optima brought more power and better fuel economy, improved ride and handling characteristics, and increased standard safety equipment, at a price that's several thousand dollars less than most of the mid-size competition.